Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Some blocks, a box, and noodle soup!




Not much to report today ... i think that's a good thing, because it means we're settling in to a somewhat 'normal' routine (whatever that means with a 3-year-old!). Our night-time routine is going very well: Maelin falls asleep around 9:15pm, and we get up one time during the night to go potty. She goes right back to sleep afterwards, and we wake up around 7am for the day. Yeah!! I never thought i'd be so excited about a sleep schedule as i am now!! She's a bit less cooperative at nap time -- fights sleep, gets cranky -- but we'll get there.

Yesterday Baba went back to work for half a day. Maelin wasn't happy about that at all. I'm not sure if it's because she's gotten used to both of us being here, or because she's worried that one of us will leave and not come back (like when she 'lost' her foster parents), but soon she'll come to understand that he comes back every afternoon.

When we went to the pediatrician on Monday, we were told that Maelin has some fluid in her left ear. We're heading to the local pediatrician (in Lapeer) this afternoon to get it looked at.

I had to laugh at Connie's comment about Mama not being in any of the pictures - haha! I am definitely the photographer in the family -- if it were up to Jim, we wouldn't have any pictures of anything! The other reason is that i look like i've been through hell and back these days, so i'm not posting any of myself! I'll see if i can work on it sometime, Connie :)

Love to all,
Shonda (and Jim and Maelin)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a nighttime routine is a great start! Kids just think naps are not necessary. It's when they get way older they look forward to them!! That's good that she was upset when Jim when to work, that means she is attached and like you said she will soon understand that baba has to work.

Aww, come on Shonda, you always look good regardless.

Haley brought a couple of kites home from school yesterday, she took one out and put the other one up and told me she wanted to give it to Shonda's little girl!

Take care,
love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Hello new family,

I'm not going to lie...Maeline is the cutest kid I've ever seen in my entire years of existance on this planet. All my heartfelt congratulations for you and your family. And like everyone else has said, "I can't wait to meet her!" I've been showing your site to my class and they are THRILLED - especially one student in particular. ;) See you soon!
~Jenni D

Anonymous said...

My twin girls, Amanda and Megan saw the pictures of Maelin while I was reading the blog. They asked me if they can play with her. I said she is deaf. I never thought that they can understand me. They said they can sign with her. That's surprised me. Maybe we can meet at the park to play as play date in this summer. What do you think? They said she is cute too. I agreed with my daughters. :-)