Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Two Girls :)



I cannot put into words how incredibly wonderful it has been to have BOTH of my girls home for the afternoon!! Maelin and i picked up Leslie from school today (via clandestine Operation Parking Lot, lest someone see us - gasp! ... sorry, i'm being a bit sarcastic because Jim won't let me show her off at MSD yet!). Maelin was sleeping in the back seat (head flopped to the side - see paragraph below), and when she woke up, there was Leslie, smiling and introducing herself. Maelin looked like she was trying to decide if she was still dreaming, or if this person really had magically appeared in the front seat :) The three of us went grocery shopping, where Mae got to sit in one of those plastic car thingies attached to the front of a regular shopping cart, and she loved it. Leslie was incredibly helpful with both Maelin and the shopping (as always), and we had a smooth and effective shopping trip. Leslie has mentioned how impressed she is that Maelin signs so much...i, for one, took that as a compliment! She also expressed some disappointment that the 'deaf sister' we went to get for her isn't as 'deaf' as we thought! I can't blame her on that one!! The four of us ate dinner together, and the girls played with Leslie's robo-dinosaur and looked at photo albums. It just feels so great to have some semblance of 'normalcy' in our home. Small miracles :)

Is it just me, or does everyone's kids' heads flop over to the side when they're sleeping in a car seat?? It is just me, or does that bug anyone else?? I need to invent something that holds her head up when she sleeps in that darned seat. Unless someone else already has. Anyone know of an effective product out there? (Funny how motherhood has brought out the inner inventor in me - ha!)

That's all for tonight. *sigh*

Shonda (and Jim, Maelin and Leslie)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed yesterday...but I am first tonight...it must be my lucky day! (No, I can't explain why that seems so important to me right now).
I LOVE the picture of the two girls posing together...but even more than that one, I REALLY Love the one of Leslie signing and Mae copying!!!!!! What you captured in that shot is so powerful that I can't quite put it into words...except for perhaps "WOW!"
:-)
~Shel

Anonymous said...

OMG! is Leslie cheesin' or what? What precious pictures! I agree with Shelly, that is so powerful!
Yup, all kids heads flop, the manufacturers must think these kids have rubber necks, I hate it too, I haven't heard of anything but I do have an idea. I'll share it with you, secretly...haha!! So was Maelin excited to see baba come home this afternoon?
~Looking forward to tomorrow's events!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Shonda was looking for the pics but couldn't get them to open sad So that is why when I saw leslie whe was hurring on her way I was early to pic up Jason and she was about the first out Lol ooking for ward to more news

Ellen and Jason

Anonymous said...

Hi - and a belated welcome home! Just got all caught up.

Had to comment on the "head flop" thing. Tyler's 6 and he still does it. Looks extremely painful I know! I've used pillows and blankets to help reduce the "floppiness" but nothing really works. How about head straps on kids in the car? *giggle*

Stevie

Anonymous said...

Hi Shonda, Jim, Leslie, and Maelin! Welcome to America, Maelin! All pictures are very beautiful! Leslie is so thrilled to have a cute little sister! Congrats! Jim and Shonda, you are already wonderful parents! I can see Maelin love being around you! :) Jackie Roesner

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful family. The picture of Maelin and Leslie in their pink shirts and their smiles from ear to ear is too cute. And the one of the two girls looking at the photo album looks like they are both signing the word 'my'. Are they each talking about 'my' family? What a great shot, Mrs. Photographer.
Looking forward to meeting Maelin,
Theresa