Monday, April 23, 2007

The Future's So Bright...





...I gotta wear shades! (Sorry, i couldn't resist!) We have been loving the beautiful weather these past few days. It feels so good to get outside and run around. Jim bought a swing set on Friday, and he's been tinkering with it for most of the weekend. (There are about six billion pieces to it ... look for pictures of Maelin actually using it about six weeks from now - ha!) Grandpa Les, Grandma Pam, and cousin Lauren came over on Sunday morning to help us work on it. Grandma Pam put together a 'radio flyer' wagon (given to Maelin from Popa and Nana Gleeson), and we girls (Mama, Grandma, Leslie, Lauren and Maelin) went for a long walk and took turns pulling Maelin in it :)

Sunday afternoon, we went over to Uncle Jon and Aunt Laura's house for lasagna dinner. They gave Maelin a few birthday presents -- you can see from the picture above that she really liked the Dora sleeping bag! Maelin and cousin Jacob drove his 'gator' around the yard (it's a battery-powered tractor-looking thing). Maelin looooooved it ... so much that when it was time to go home, she screeeeeeeamed, and continued crying in the truck the entire way home!

Baba got to go golfing yesterday (we won't mention that he was gone five hours...), so Mama and Maelin are officially free to cautiously branch out in our visiting and visitors! I think we'll still wait til next week to visit MSD, since there are soooo many people to meet there, but we're looking forward to having friends over for short visits this week. Call and let me know if you'd like to come :)

Love and sunny days-
Mama, Baba, Leslie and Maelin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, what a nice surprise, a picture of MaMa and Maelin, thanks Shonda and thanks to whoever you got to take it too!! Sweet pic. the others are very cute! Oh oh, a battery operated vehicle will be next! Haley has a "motorcycle" but she's getting too big for it. She still wants the dirt bike :(
You are going to get mobbed at MSD you know. I will wait, as much as I'd like to see you. of course, you can still stop by the house! I'd like to come visit at your house during the day but I know Haley would be so upset if I went without her.
Hugs,
~Connie

Anonymous said...

PAH!!!! We got the picture of Shonda. She looks so wonderful. AW AW how cute of the girls in their sunglasses. My girls goes nuts if they see "DORA" anywhere. So this time, I will NOT show them cuz they will say I want one too.

I can't wait to meet Maelin next week.
Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Well,
I was going to write a comment about finally seeing a "mama" picture...but Connie and Gina have beat me to it!
I love the car seat picture with the sunglasses - very cute!!
~Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hey Shonda, I just thought of something you can do w/those hours home with a 3 year old. Visit your local library. They have books/movies/toddler story times. And I happen to know that the library in North Branch has an excellent children's librarian (me)!
Maybe I'll see you guys here.
Kelli (your local NB library lady)

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I've been following your story since you first started this blog but only now decided to write. I don't know why. Anyway, I just wanted to say how happy I am for you guys! Maelin is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! Take care and I look forward to reading more and seeing more pictures!

Love, Debbie (Densham)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of everyone and the update is perfect. Thank you! I love the shades to. We will be in contact to come for a visit this weekend. I can't wait to meet Miss Maelin and see the new mom.
Aunt Chris