Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Much to be Thankful for...

WE HAVE A NEW BABY!! My sister Shelli gave birth to baby #4 this morning at 3:56AM! Josie Kate weighed a very small 7lbs 2oz (her other three were 9lbs 8oz, 10lbs 2oz, and 8lbs 15oz, so this one seems so tiny!) and is 19 1/2 inches long. My mom and i (and Shelli's husband Darrin) were there to watch Josie make her way into the world. What a beautiful experience! I am soooo thankful for a healthy baby niece, an amazingly strong sister, and the opportunity to have seen the births of all four of my nieces/nephews!

We were thankful to wake up on Thanksgiving morning to the first snow of the year! A beautiful blanket of snow (just a couple of inches) on everything...and Maelin was sooooo excited! She and Baba spent some time outside making an awesome snowman...

...and sledding down the not-so-big hills around our house! We were definitely thankful for Baba's safe return home after seven days of hunting up north.

While Baba was up north, Aunt Maureen and Adam came to keep us company and stay overnight with us -- we had a blast! We did some shopping, went out to eat, played at home, and best of all, Mama and Aunt Maureen got to stay up until 2:00AM and talk til we couldn't keep our eyes open any more!

We've made a break-through in our nightly bed-time routine. While Baba was gone up north, Maelin and i started working on her going to bed by herself! We played up the fact that she looooves to do things by herself, and she went to bed that Sunday night while i worked on school work at the table. The first night took 45 minutes and she yelled for me three times (but didn't get out of bed), so i considered it a success for the first night! By the third night, she went to bed by herself without any calling out for me :) Buuuuut, then Baba came home the next night, and she thinks she's missing out on something at bed time! Every night she says, "Not MaeMae bed do-by-self!" She's actually done very well, but it's taking time. I'm thankful for the extra time to catch up on things around the house while she's falling asleep!

I'm also thankful for those of you who are still reading our blog :) Last Sunday marked 8 months since Adoption Day (4-2-07), and we appreciate those of you who are still hanging around!

xoxoxo,
Mama, Baba, Maelin and Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shonda tell your sister congratulations she is sure a beautiful baby and looks very healthy

Maelin is so beautiful and growing all the time..I am amazed each time I see her at the school I keep pointing her out to Tammy when she is with me. Has Maelin come up with a favorite color

I think Jasons are still red and blue for his favorit character Spiderman. He tested and got his Green belt with stripe only three more belts to go before going for Black Belt. But can't get that until he is thirteen so that will be five more years.
Did you see the statue of him Threasa was showing.
Love Ellen and Jason

Anonymous said...

Baby Josie is adorable! Congratulations to all of you! I'm glad Mae got to see snow on Thanksgiving, I hope she's seen enough...lol, Even though it is beautiful when it first comes down and everything is covered in a beautiful blanket can you tell I really no longer like the stuff?? Glad to hear Jim got home safe and sound from his hunting trip. Was it sucessful? Great job on the nightly bedtime routine!

Glad you're not tired of all my comments...plan on hanging around for a while!!! You will always be special to us. I check the blog religiously and pretty much got it down to when I think you are going to enter new info and photos, I just get a feeling about it Last time I checked before today was on the 4th. I see this was posted on the 5th!! Would have commented before now but have been busy with my mom, I think I told you about that in the email.

Thinking of you all the time!
Hugs, oxoxox
Connie, Haley