Friday, October 19, 2007

Random Thoughts

I've decided that our newly-painted bathroom wall is way too plain...it needs a collage of pictures of Maelin in the tub! Here's the first picture in my new collection :)


Leslie stayed with us last weekend for MSD's Homecoming. We loved having her at home for a few days! On Friday night, she went to the Homecoming dance, which was a 50's theme (hence the white t-shirt, black leather jacket, pony tail and scarf!). But she let me put some make-up on her, and i thought she looked beautiful!

Mama's birthday was this past Wednesday, so we had the Frampton and Gleeson gangs over for cake and ice cream. The kids found a bunch of play sunglasses, and i had a blast recording their silly-ness for posterity!

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite pictures of Maelin and Leslie and i ... just us girls :)

I've had an interesting past few weeks. In addition to having a broken ankle (which is getting much better now), i got two spider bites which required a trip to the doctor, a shot and three prescrptions. We had Maelin's 12th IEP meeting (okay, i'm exaggerating, but you know us, we call them every couple of months just for shits and giggles...) which was extremely stressful, and then, because i don't have enough on my emotional plate right now, my purse was stolen from my classroom on Wednesday morning before school! Leslie's sidekick (pager) was taken, as well, so we've spent the last week or so closing accounts, cancelling credit cards, replacing things and doing damage control. *sigh*... But even in light of the stressful events of late, i have much to be thankful for, and i won't soon forget that.

Love to you all,
MamaShonda (which is Maelin's new name for me...ha!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW how much more stress can you take. Hopefully your purse will be found. Jason's hearing aid was found after three weeks.

Maelin is so precious I love when I get a chance to see her at school

The picture of the three of you is so prescious. Leslie is growing into a beautiful young lady as I am sure you already know.

I'm glad your ankle is doing better

Love
Ellen and Jason

Anonymous said...

Aww, pictures are adorable as ususal! Leslie is getting prettier all the time. Happy belated Birthday, sorry I missed it. You have been under a lot of stress, I'm so sorry to hear that. Wish there were something I could do to help. I can't believe someone stole your purse, I'm so sorry, that's such a hassle to go through canceling everything. I hope whoever took it feels so much guilt they can't stand it. I hope it's returned with everything in it soon. I just don't understand why people think they have to do something like that. They don't think they will get caught but you know what, God knows who they are, they aren't going to get away with it. You are absoluetly right Shonda, you do have a lot to be thankful for. If we would all just take the time to write down our blessings on a piece of paper and write the negative things that happen to us on the other side we will see that the blessings always outweigh the negative stuff. Hope all gets better for you soon.
Love ya,
Connie and Haley