Friday, July 13, 2007

July already?!






I can't believe that three weeks have gotten away from me since i last posted here! You would think that i could commit to posting once a week, but we've been so busy! Even if Maelin and i stay home and play all day, there just isn't time to do more than check email. Maybe if we had cable internet i would do it more often, but dial-up sucks, and it takes me forever to get logged in and upload pictures. Anyhoo...

Speaking of pictures, the top one is Jim and i on our 3rd wedding anniversary at the end of June. We went out to eat at Damon's in Grand Blanc while Maelin played at Aunt Laura and Uncle Jon's house (thank you Jon and Laura!!).

The second one was taken just a few days ago; we got together with my friend Kara and her two kids for a day at the beach ... what a great time! (The last picture was taken while we were swimming at the beach also.) Before i realized it, three hours had passed! Anyway, Kara and her kids gave Maelin a new towel, and she looked so cute in it, i just had to get the camera :)

The third picture was taken last night. I wanted to water some of my flowers that i can't reach with the sprinkler, so Maelin kept herself busy in some sand...andwater...and made a deliciously messy mud puddle! She said she was 'cooking' and told me over and over, "Don't touch!"

The next one was taken on the Fourth of July (you can tell i'm pretty concerned about the order in which i've posted them...). The three of us went to North Branch for the annual parade, and Maelin loved it! I think the tractors were her favorite part, but she really liked the horses, too.

Leslie was at summer camp at MSD this past week. She had a wonderful time canoeing, playing kickball, swimming, fishing, and traveling to Lansing to watch a Lugnuts game. Now she's staying the weekend with a girlfriend. They're going to Ohio to hang out on their boat for a couple of days, so that should be fun!

I guess that's all for now. I need to wake up Maelin from her nap if we want any hope of a decent bed time tonight!

xoxo,
Shonda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought I would check the site before I went to bed. I usually do!! Cable internet is nice, a little more expensive but I don't think I will ever go back to dial up. I can't believe that we have to register the kids again in about 6 weeks, (Aug. 20 & 21), and I can't believe three years have already gone by since you and Jim were married! Happy Anniversary by the way! Sorry I'm late with that. All of the pictures are really sweet as usual.

Keisha was telling me Friday that Maelin knows 180 or so signs now...Wow..that is awesome. Does she talk a mile a minute like Haley does? Haley is having a pretty fun summer so far, she has been staying with Aunt Brecque and Uncle Brian a lot and she stayed with Keisha one night a couple of weeks ago and again Friday, since Keisha was leaving today, Haley hated to say good bye to her. And we have gone on a couple of picnic's and swimming at Silver Lake in Linden with some friends. Next week we are going up north to Grandma Greats (my mom's)for a week and in August we are going to Mackinaw Island for a couple of days. She is also really excited, she begged and begged Papa for a kitten and he finally gave in. So she has her kitty now. She's 9 weeks old and her name is Sophie. Haley doesn't pronounce her S's so she will tell you her kitty's name is Ophie.
Well, I guess I better leave room for someone else to post!!! Hope we can see you soon!
Hugs, Connie~

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! You would think i could read your posts without gettin all choked up! Its just that she is such a lil doll and you can see all of the love and care that goes into her. What a beautiful job you all are doing with her!
Congrats on your 3 year anniversary. Thats awesome!
I just had to stop and see if there were anything new and im so glad that i did.
Take care you guys! Tara and David

Anonymous said...

Shonda and Jim Congratulations on three years together and again on your beautiful daughter she is such a cutie

Jason is doing great spending time swimming and going to Karate went to the opening of Flint Olypian games last week will compete this Sat the 21 won't be able to be in the CANUSA because Grandma has Jury duty

He and Jordan have been playing a Lot and are doing lots of signing also Jacob his brother is learning it is fun to watch them

Don't worry about not being able to post every week we know how much you are enjoying your little one

Love Ellen and Jason

Anonymous said...

Good morning Shonda!
Ahh there u are! Thought u forgot about posting pictures on this site
;) Knowing u are busy with everything like I said earlier that is the healthy way ;) by the way Happy anniversary! 3 years this year just like mine, but in Feb.
Been so busy with camping, company, grandkids n step- daughters spending time here, and now PAH I am alone for good until end of July, Give me time to re-organize around here, one of them is checking on your so- cute pics/blog :) Looking forward to seeing Mia at school and watching her grow up at MSD how cool!
Again youre an awesome lady. Just enjoy the rest of the summer.
C'ya around,
Kim V